Sunday, January 20, 2008

Well I can't believe that over half of january is over and I have only written one post. Ben left over a week ago now and took his laptop with him so checking my blog has been a bit of a struggle. I have been however reading everyone's blogs as much as possible. I am missing Ben like crazy but it 5 weeks till i see him now.

I have had a great year so far. My running is going great guns and have been running about 8-10km three times a week, 2 5km runs a week with intervals and about 4 weight training sessions. So I have been really impressed with myself. I am really keen to do a half marathon in September and have been thinking about doing training for some triathons when I get home too. We will see.

Had a few low days last week when I just felt really down about myself in general. I think it was a combination of missing ben, getting a bit scared about being so white and fitting into my bikini and just the uncertainity of how i am going to feel when going back home. I have thinking heaps about how I perceive myself to others. I really think I come across as a really confident, strong young women who knows what I want but deep down I really am a bit of a shambles but am building this to be a place where i am content with myself. Every day i struggle with body issues but am really focusing on positive thinking and the right attitude this year to help me over these issues. I am not going to let the weight on scales to determine my fortune and how i am feeling. I really am getting anxious about my work when i get home as it will be crunch time to decide if this is the career i want to endevour. I am trying not to think about this too hard at the moment as I really need to wait till i get back home to sort this out. So as you can se I have been doing a bit of soul searching. One of my closest friends come back from perth this week too so she has been shedding some positive feedback to me as well, some constructive stuff and some really positive things that I needed to hear as well. She is really a great friend who gives very honest advice and has been there to help me through some tougher times.

So after all that rambling I am feeling positive. I am going to have a great eating week, great exercise week, great feeling week and enjoying only working 3 days!!!

Have fun

Love Aims
xxx

1 comment:

Zanna said...

What a lovely post to read - you sound happy, focussed and positive - way to go. I'm sorry too that we didn't manage to catch up - but hey this world is so small that who knows where we might end up in the future and manage to meet. Enjoy the next 5 weeks and look forward to hearing more. Take care Love Z xx