Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I am still alive!!

I am sorry for not blogging but i have been reading reading everyone's post still. I am going to make a promise to myself to blog at least twice a week. This way this will will keep me honest with my challenge as well and I can write about everything that has been happening. Work has been so chaotic the last couple of weeks. My poor boss had chicken pox and that left me to run everything patient wise. Money wise it has been nice for my trip account. It is now only 4 months away till i go. I am starting to get exctied. I did all my passport stuff today and should be here in 2 weeks!! The photo looks terrible though. You can't smile in the photo so it looks like a mug shot.

Food and exercise wise has been pretty good. I had a plateau for about 2-3 weeks where i only lost about 300g but I lost a 1 kg this week so I hope i'm over that. Only a few kg to goal. I am really noticing a difference and everything is feeling more comfortable and less tight!
I did an 18km walk for Princess Margaret hospital on sunday (from perth to Freo for all perth readers) and did it in 2 hours 39mins. I did it with a friend and we talked the whole way at a fairly fast pace. Yesterday i did an hour of cardio and tonight i plan to do cardio (bodyattack) and weights.

I'll send some more photos as I had a ball on friday night at the perth convention centre and i'll have to send them as i have a new hair do. I have gone back to brown hair as I wanted to take all the blonde out of it before i go away (one less thing to worry about!). I also have a fringe. I haven't had a fringe since i was a little girl. I look so different. So many people have not recognised me.

I have to be off to make my class at the gym. But i promise i'll be back this week to post again!!

5 comments:

SeLiNa said...

Hello stranger!!
Great to see you back!
That's a quick 18km walk you did!! I bet time flew though chatting with a friend!
So what is your goal, and how much have you lost? You have been so consistent, you deserve it!
FOUR MONTHS!!! Whoooo hoooo. I BET you're excited! You have to post about every lil detail so I can keep going green with envy :)
How funny is this - I got a haircut on the weekend too, and got a bit of a fringe! I haven't had one since I was a lil girl either! I'm undecided whether I like it.... but a change is good!
xoxo
I'll be checking in to make sure you've been blogging twice per week!

Amy said...

hehehe. Yeah i was pretty impresed with the walk time too. My hip flexors got so tight and i was quite tired by the end of it. My goal was to lose about 7-8kg and i have lost 5kg now so nearly there!! I'm really amazed how easy it has been this time round. Last time i did a challenge i really struggled but this time i don't think i have been as hard on myself and it has worked.
I'll write a detailed story of my trip. I ahve so many places that we are going. Speak soon. Your holiday sounds awesome by the way.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I would have loved to do that 18km walk - where do you find out about these things? I guess I should start reading the paper.

Looking forward to the new do photos - I am tempted to get a fringe but am a bit scared as I havn't worn one for many years either.

Have a good weekend - hopefully you can relax after busy weeks at work.

Dumb question, but as a pod and walking that far...what brand of shoes do you wear? (I am obsessed with shoes..only runners though...bit sad really!)

Amy said...

Hi a girl running- A friend asked me to do the walk (she is also a pod) and she read it in the newspaper i think.

I am really lucky that i get a lot of free shoes. But on this walk i wore mizunos. They are really comfortable and i wear these for running quite a bit too.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Flea said...

HI, I found you via SportzBlitz.
Me, Perth girl too. Please to meet you. I already checked your photo's and thought who do I know, who do I know? LOL
Take care.