Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The hardest run ever!!

I decided to wait for my dad to go running with him tonight. We were getting ready for a run when my brother said he will join us. It was good to start with as he pushed me. There were 3 tough hills in there tonight and I was buggered after each one. I don't think it helps when you have something to eat one hour before a run. I just wanted to bring it all up but I was starving and couldn't wait till dinner. Anyway after the last hill there was about 2.5km to go and I swear I sprinted the whole way to keep up with Andrew (he is soooo fit). All in all I did 8km in 37 minutes so i'm pretty happy with that! Felt terrible when I finished but feel really good now. As dad said I only have to run that 2 more times for the half marathon! hahaha But I definately won't be running it at that pace. I have been eating pretty well and had a drop in the scales which is promising! Trained well yesterday as well. Looking forward to rest day tomorrow and then 12km on thursday.
Hope everyone is is going well.

Love Amy
xx

2 comments:

SeLiNa said...

Amy I can't believe how fast you can run!! Well, I can, but you must fly!! Do you do much "formal" training? Or are you one of those naturals that I'm totally NOT!! :) Hope your half training is going well, what time are you aiming for?? Stay focused and train hard!!
xoxo
ps: don't ya just LURVE hills!

Amy said...

Hi Selina!
I don't do any formal training as such. But I buy runners world and have read quite a bit of stuff from running sites on the net. I would love to do some formal training but at the moment wrok commitments are holding me back, so I do all of it myself. I have written a running program up till my race to keep me focused. I am really enjoying it. How is your running training going??