Saturday, May 27, 2006

I ran the same run I did with my brother and dad on thursday but this time I measured it because they said it was 8km but with a time like 37minutes I was not convinced (even though I pushed myself so hard). So I measured it and it was 7.4km. So 37 minutes was still a really good time and still really happy with that. Even more so because when I ran by myself I only ran 10 seconds slower. Today I ran 10km and I went running with my new orthotics. They felt terrible. I really should not have run with them for such a long run. Especially where I run because I run around the bridges from South Perth (home) to the causeway around to the city and back across the Narrows bridge then back home. I could not cut across due to water!! So I had to stop twice (once to stretch and another to take the orthotics out). My shins are sore and have big blisters on each foot. I should have known better since I am a podiatrist. However with two stops my time was not too bad (53 and half minutes).
I have added some cross training into my training, a) to give me some variety in training, b) not so much strain on my legs. So yesterday I did a 30km bike ride.
I have been eating really well but craving lots of foods lately and getting very hungry. I think it is because of all the long distance stuff I am doing. All in all a pretty good week. Will weigh myself monday so I hope all is good on the scales.

Well I better be off. Have a great weekend all.
Love Amy
xx

3 comments:

SeLiNa said...

Hey chicken!
Good run, again!! You have to be happy with those times!! You will blitz the half marathon. About how many kms do you run in total each week?!
xoxo

Kaddy said...

hi amy! good one that is so cool!! im up in exmouth wa...hows the weather down your way???

Amy said...

It is freezing in the morning and at night but days have been fine....I hate winter!! hahahah