Friday, May 19, 2006

Tonsolitis!!

I have been really sick the last few days but am feeling more like myself tonight. I started to get an itchy throat on tuesday at work but didn't feel bad in myself. I had a nap after work and then went and did an 11km run and felt awesome (did it in 53.45)- I have had some pain in my shins lately but I had nothing. I have even had running orthotics made for my feet (one of the perks of being a podiatrist, that and free running shoes!!) so I will now have a pair for normal walking and a pair for running. After the run I started to go downhill. Mum had cooked dinner but I could hardly eat any- just felt like throwing up. Then during the night I woke up with the worst sore throat and aching neck and shoulders. I still went to work wednesday but by the time I was leaving my glands were like tennis balls, i could hardly swallow and my body ached all over. That night I woke up drentched in sweat and my sheats were wet too- so gross!! I had a huge fever. It was awful. Anyway off to the doctors who said I looked absolutely terrible and couldn't believe the size of my glands. She said I was lucky the infection had not spread to my kidneys or i didn't have rheumatic fever. I was pretty glad too!! Anyways given strong antibiotics and slowly starting to feel better. I have hardly eaten as it hurts to swallow and been drinking heaps to make sure nothing happens to my kidneys!! I am starting to miss my running, so i hope all my hard work has not gone down the drain with my really good times the last few weeks. Anyways enough of my whineging. Hope everyone is going really well. I have been reading everyones blogs.

Love Amy
xx

Ps. I promise to blog more frequently so please keep reading!!
xxxxx

1 comment:

SeLiNa said...

Holy man!!!!! Gee you can run woman!!! That's a flying time for 11kms!! I bust my a$$ to do 10kms in that time!! Well done!! How's your half mara training going?? We'll have to compare notes...somewhere...!!
Sorry to hear you've got issues with those lil suckers in your throat. Hope you come good soon :)
xoxo