Saturday, July 08, 2006

I love Sundays!

Sunday is the only day that I get to have a sleep in and not wake up with an alarm. I woke up at about 8:15 this morning, ate an orange and grapefruit, tided my room and got ready to go to the gym. I had an awesome workout today. My leg is still improving. I went for a 9km walk yesterday as well as a ride. I did the cross trainer at the gym. I haven't been able to do this since I did my injury so I was so happy when I could today. I'm going for a very light run early in the week and then slowly build this up. My dad ran 18km this morning so I am so eager to be back running with him.

I have felt pretty flat this week and having a few 'fat days'. So I have been eating really well the last few days. I this I was just retaining water and this has gone now. Hopefully this week will be better. I have been too scared to weigh myself because scales can be nasty things!! I thought with the way I have been feeling i'll just miss my weigh in and weigh in next week.

I'm going away next weekend for a girly weekend with my two best friends. It was be so good to catch up and chat all weekend. We are going down to Molloy island (between Margaret River and Augusta) at my boyfirends holiday house. It should be nice. I am going to try and stay eating right and just indulge in a few wines. The wineries in Margaret river are so good!!

Well i'm off to go have coffee with these two friends to sort out what we need to take away. I think it is just a nice way to catch up!

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Love Amy
xx

5 comments:

Miss Positive said...

Hi Amy, good news that your leg is improving - you'll be back out there pounding the pavement in no time.

I think we all have 'fat' days, sometimes I look down at my stomach and think "Where did my flat stomach go?" - some foods bloat me worse than others!! Scales can be the enemy sometimes!!

Sounds like you'll have a lovely time away next weekend - enjoy!

Hilary xx

SeLiNa said...

YIPEEE for Sundays hey! They seem so long to get here, and like you, it's my only sleep in as well :)
Good to hear that your leg is improving, not long now and you'll be back at it. You've got the base fitness there, so you won't have any probs getting back into it :)
Your weekend away sounds good!!! Sometimes its good to just hang with the gals, and have a few vinos!
Holy Cow - I saw your post on the sportzblitz forum... you ran 12kms under an hour last year?!?! You are so quick!!! I'll never catch you ;)
xoxo

Amy said...

hey Selina- I ran 12km in an hour and 30 seconds so I want to get in under an hour this year. I feel like i'll never be able to run fast again if I don't get going soon!!hahaha
You are running awesome times at the moment. You should be proud of yourself.
Love amy
xx

SeLiNa said...

I'll still never catch u!!! You would be the illusive smudge in the distance that i just can't quite catch. hehe
Surprisingly I have done some good times. I've been running only one-two times per week (which is those 'official' races) and resting all my injuries... so maybe I should just never train! ;) Lol wouldn't that be nice hehe
Maybe the forced rest you have had to have with your injury as well, is a wake-up call that your body just really needs a rest!
You will prolly surprise yourself when you get back into it!
Enjoy your weekend, don't be toooooo naughty!!! ;)
xoxo

Amy said...

me naughty- never!!
hehehehe