Wednesday, July 05, 2006

One of those moments

I had one of those moments yesterday when I just look in the mirror and absolutely critise everything about myself that I wish I could change about my body. After that I felt down in the dumps so to speak and just felt miserable. Why do we do this?? Thank goodness today is a new day and don't feel so bad about myself today. The best thing is to take each day at a time. We all have good days and bad days.

Well my leg has still been very sore and i'm starting to get anxious as the half marathon is only 9 weeks away and I have not run for 3 weeks tomorrow. I really just want to get out there and run. I have been riding (this doesn't hurt my muscle) and have started walking everyday. It is when I stride out that I get my pain so by walking fast I am building up the muscle I tore without putting too much strain on it. My physio (and collegue) has told me not to push it and I am trying so hard to take his advice coz I don't want to make it worse. I tried to run yesterday during my walk but I was nearly in tears after about 30 seconds. That is when I pulled the plug as if I continued I knew I would do more damage. I went for an hours walk tonight and going walking with a girlfriend tomorrow morning and a ride and upper body weights tomorrow. I do know it is improving but too slowly for my liking. I feel like all my leg muscles are sooo tight, like Ineed to put them on a stretching machine for a few days. I think I am going to start pilates again to help regain some flexibility. I always feel more 'stretched' after doing a class.

I can't believe it is already wednesday night- this week is flying by. Hope you are all having a great rest of the week and i'll write again over the weekend

Love Amy
xx

1 comment:

SeLiNa said...

ARGH!! U must be gettin extremely frustrated! 9 weeks, that's heaps of time though IF everything comes good soon. (Mine's 4 weeks off...still minimal running for me!) You'll be right, if you just ease back into it. Keep up all your treatments, anything that can accelerate healing will be advantageous as the clock ticks down!!
Good luck, keep pounding the pavement with your walking shoes until your all OK!
xoxo