Thursday, June 15, 2006

I'm in pain!!

Well i finally thought all my troubles were over now that my shins have basically been pain free since I got my new orthotics made. The last week or so I have had very tight quad muscles and have been stretching them heaps. Yesterday I had planned for my long run. I started from home and headed towards the narrows bridge (freeway) and this whole way I didn't feel comfortable. It was quite sore and couldn't push as hard as I usually would. By the time I got to the narrows I had to stop running, the pain was soo bad. I decided I would stretch and boy did this hurt. I then couldn't run anymore it was killing me. I am so angry that this is happened. I was starting to run really well and my times were definately showing this. So I had my little cry and limped all the way home. It was the longest 5km ever! By them time I got home I could hardly walk. I came in and iced my quad and took anti-inflammatories. The pain now is radiating down to my knee. Anyways I had to go to work that arvo and spoke to my collegue who is a physio. I am lucky enough that he is going to work on it tom!! I hope it gets better really soon. My dad was trying to joke with me last night and saying it should be him that is cracking up with the training for the half marathon. At the time I didn't think it was funny!!haha

I also got to meet the reps for Adidas last night through work. We had a meeting with them to discuss latest technologies especially for running shoes. I have able to score myself so very very cheaps shoes and clothes too. I love this about my job!! All the little perks. Also got some world cup freebie stuff too.

Sorry for sounding very negative in this blog. I'm sure it will be good in no time. I hate taking time off from training. I just want to get out there now but unfortunately my leg is definately telling me NO!!

Have a great weekend. I m off to see my beloved Geelong play at Subi tom- hope they get up!

Love Amy
xx

1 comment:

SeLiNa said...

AWWW don't ya just hate injuries. I have a brand spanking new one myself so I can sympathise with you :( Just when you're running well too. Well babe, we know the rules...REST, so make sure you do it!! So can you get a friend discounted shoes as well ;P lol
have a good weekend!
xoxo